- Employ the denomination assigned them by
the Instituto Cervantes, with the corresponding logo, in accordance
with their location.
- Figure in the list of members of the network of accredited and
associate centres to be made public by the Instituto Cervantes
in all media.
- Access the network to be created by the Instituto Cervantes
specifically for the sole use of the "Network of Associate
Centres". This will make technical guidance available in
different development areas of academic activity. For example,
the design and development of courses, methodology, assessment
or the creation of academic projects to improve teaching quality
(needs assessment strategies, assessment questionnaires, etc.)
will be covered.
- Receive the support of the Instituto Cervantes in the organisation
of cultural events. The Instituto Cervantes, budget allowing,
will sponsor or co-sponsor certain functions or events.
- Offer classes in Spanish as a second language
through general language courses and specialised courses related
to different fields of professional activity, in conditions at
least equivalent to those verified by the assessment body.
- Organise, where appropriate, a teacher-training programme, to
be paid for out of their own budget and in keeping with the module
assigned them by the Instituto Cervantes.
- Encourage the participation of their students in Diploma in
- Encourage their students to attend cultural activities in Spanish
organised by their own centre, by other centres of the Instituto
Cervantes and other institutions in the area.
- Encourage their students and teachers to participate in exchange
programmes among Spanish teaching centres by applying for teacher
training and study grants and aids to follow courses in Spain.
They should also recommend Spanish teaching materials and publications.
- Fulfill accreditation or association fee requirements set annually
by the Instituto Cervantes for each country.